Effective Leadership Programme | 8 month course | Starting 24th September 2021 3-5pm | via Zoom
Early Bird offer £600 +VAT if paid by 31st July
An online series of interactive tutorials to provide occupational health professionals with the tools to develop leadership strategies to drive organisational change, enable the effective management of workplace challenges, promote excellence in clinical care delivery, and refine their leadership purpose.
Click to find out more including module content
MFOM Revision Course | 4 week course | Starting 9th November 2021 6.30 - 9pm | via Zoom
An interactive series of tutorials designed for those who are preparing to sit examinations for Membership of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (MFOM) or Associateship of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (AFOM)
- An approach to the MFOM Part 2. This session will include exam structure, curriculum content and advice on answering MEQS. Also covering general fitness for work, occupational health law, and medical ethics.
- An approach to risk assessment. This session will include communication of risk, legal requirements and HSE guidance relating to risk. We will also cover different aspects of risk, risk mitigation and how risk is best communicated to and managed by the employee and employer.
- Epidemiology and statistics. This session will provide an overview to epidemiology and statistical analysis, alongside the application of statistical methods and interpretation of evidence.
- Physical, chemical and biological hazards in the workplace. This session will focus on occupational hygiene and the potential impact of hazards on the employees. We will also cover the use of PPE and other strategies to protect employees in the workplace.
MFOM/AFOM Preparation Course | 9 session monthly course | Starting 1st October 2021 9.30am - 4.30pm | via Zoom
£1200 +VAT including extensive course materials
An interactive series of online teaching designed for doctors who are preparing to sit Part 2 of the MFOM or AFOM examinations
- Clinical practice: A systems-based approach to the identification and management of common medical conditions, how these complaints may impact on medical fitness for certain occupations and how occupational exposures may result in disease.
- Fitness for work & disability integration: The purpose and function of an occupational health service and key components. Specific fitness standards applicable across industries, pre-commencement health screening and clinical investigations used in the determination of fitness.
- Framework for practice: Key legal and ethical requirements of occupational health professionals; the pillars of clinical governance and standard setting for occupational health services.
- Workplace hazards: Risk assessment and measurement of occupational exposures. Specific health hazards associated with industries. Physical, biological, chemical, ergonomic and psychosocial risks in the workplace and strategies to minimise the impact on workers..
- Health surveillance & disease prevention: The requirements of health surveillance, implementation, audit requirements and management of the system; the role of workplace-based health promotion and other methods of disease prevention.
- Evidence based practice: Epidemiology and statistics topics including types of observational studies, estimates of risk, statistical tests of confidence, mortality ratios, and factors which may introduce bias in epidemiological studies.
Honing Report Writing Skills | 14th Sept OR 2nd Nov 2021 | 09.30am - 3.30pm | via Zoom
It is essential that occupational health practitioners develop the skills for writing concise, unambiguous and actionable reports.
Suitable for all professional groups who undertake report writing, this workshop will enable you to deliver first-class reports every time.
Dr Nikki Cordell will examine the important principles of a well-written report, including tone and sentence construction, reporting employee and clinical opinion as well as sharing useful audit tools for reports and supporting clinical notes.
Effective reports must meet the needs of all parties whilst fulfilling legal responsibilities. A comprehensive understanding of the legal framework is expertly facilitated by employment lawyer, Mark Landon.
Trainee discount also available at £95 (+VAT)